Anarchy UK Gaming
PC Gaming Community

Author Topic: My issues with Server 2  (Read 1355 times)

ColtCrime

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My issues with Server 2
« on: April 25, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'll try to keep this short and to the point. Keep in mind that what I write here is subjective.

I've been a member of AUK ever since I started playing Battlefield 4, and that was last summer. Server 2 was my favourite server and the one I spent most of my BF4 time on. This was when the 2nd server was DLC only. I took a few months break from PC gaming and being back, I can't help but notice how I don't enjoy playing on Server 2 as much anymore, often preferring to play on the 1st one instead because it is more populated and hardly any different from the 2nd one.

The 2nd server has an identity issue: it is neither a pure, DLC-only server, nor is it a "vanilla maps" server either. It tries to do both and does, in my opinion, neither well.
Two issues arise:
  • The players who originally join the server, join it to play the vanilla maps. If the server fills up and more than 50 players are on it, these players get kicked because they don't have the DLCs or leave because they don't want to play DLC maps.
  • People who want to play the DLC maps don't mind a vanilla map or two in the map rotation but what often ends up happening is that only vanilla maps are in the rotation.

My suggestion is making the 2nd server dlc only, like it was back in the day.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Kind regards,
Colt

• publicrelations

Neox

• AUK Leader
    • View Profile
Re: My issues with Server 2
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 03:18:26 PM »
Hi colt,

Some interesting points there mate. Server 2 has always had the vanilla maps on it - this is because it is more easier to fill the server with players if it's running vanilla until the server gets to 50 players . IMO it would be much more difficult to fill the server from scratch with e.g. One of the dlc maps.

I agree it would be great to just run dlc only but Fact is not everyone has the premium edition of bf4. As I said this could prove very difficult to fill the server if it was set to dlc only .

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:21:34 PM by Neox »

ColtCrime

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »
I don't suggest removing vanilla maps from S2's rotation altogether, I just suggest adding DLC maps too. If I recall correctly, S2 was always fairly well populated before. It may be just me but it seems like it used to be more popular than it is now. What do you think?
  • publicrelations

EntraVenuS

• Administrator
  • My ass is on fire
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Roller
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
If we try and start with all the dlc in it will be too hard to start. We have it kick in at 41 players so if we lose 10 people the server can just about survive and continue until its full. This is and has been the same since bf3 (it wont let you play vanilla if there is dlc in rotation)
  • EntraVenuS The Goat Herder

ColtCrime

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »
Yeah, well pointed. I guess this may be the best solution... I just miss how it used to work.
  • publicrelations