Anarchy UK Gaming
PC Gaming Community

Author Topic: Game Tips  (Read 4047 times)

jalzi0n

Game Tips
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any tips about the game? I'm thinking of buying it but want to know if I need to upgrade my whole setup, e.g. joystick, keybinder etc... The game does interest me, I used to play EVE online and have always wanted to play something more pragmatic.

Thanks,

-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:21:29 PM by 3mptyMinds »

HothG

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Game Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:58:42 AM »
I still enjoy Elite & can manage very well with keyboard & mouse!

A couple of the lads have gone with joystick & gamepad set up & prefer that but I suggest that you try the game & find your own preference, as both combinations work well!
3mptyMinds @ all accuracy is always with mouse and keys as you have an optical laser i have just gone into key bindings and you can stack keys eg thrust up can be used with 1 extra key and end up with being subsystems (engine) so not many keys needed if you stack keys, any problems plz just ask 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:25:36 PM by 3mptyMinds »

havamal2000

• AUK Admin
  • Colonel
  • "Hope" is not a course of action.
    • View Profile
    • UN DPKO
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:33:26 PM »
Guys,

I'm thinking about buying Elite Dangerous. Do you guys play together? I understand it's a vast playground, and there's lots to learn before being able to play well. I'd welcome any comments you have about the game. I like space-based games, though I'm shit with flight simulators. Do I need a joystick? I don't have one, and I'm wondering if I can fly with just the mouse and keyboard.

Hav.

MrCelebros

• AUK Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 03:36:05 PM »
Dude, i bought the game at xmas and gave up after a couple of attempts.

However, i played again friday with the guys who helped me a lot and now i am loving it!
  • MrCelebros
Play nice or Pay the Price! :P

Druggaar

• Forum Member
  • Colonel
  • Die in battle or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »
I bought the game since it is on sale right now. I have wanted for a long while but was too stingy to get it :D I will be flying home for a month in the middle of February to work, so I will get around to it more then. I see many of you are online in the Elite Dangerous channel in TS, so I'll just join you when I see you.

havamal2000

• AUK Admin
  • Colonel
  • "Hope" is not a course of action.
    • View Profile
    • UN DPKO
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:30:29 AM »
So I bought the game last night, but I'm having difficulty downloading it. It seems to go for an hour or so and then crap out, leaving me to restart the download when I next check the computer. It's slow going, but hopefully I'll get there.